Work experience is invaluable for those looking to improve their employment chances. Combine this with language learning, and you have a winning combination.
Actilingua offers students German language courses in combination with an internship program. The German language preparation course in Vienna is followed by work experience in a carefully selected Austrian tourism company. Due to the work permit regulations for non-European Union citizens in Austria, the German and Work Experience program is available for a minimum length of 8 weeks, consisting of 4 weeks German language course (mandatory) and 4+ weeks UNPAID internship.
GERMAN LANGUAGE PREPARATION
Group 12: 20 lessons per week + 5 Cultural Program lessons per week. The cultural program consists of discussions on Austrian music, art, literature, tours of Vienna, social gatherings and organized sports.
Minimum Duration: 4 weeks German Course (required)
Language Level: Good knowledge of German (Intermediate to advanced)
Starting Dates: Any Monday of the year.
Interns are placed in hotels or in the tourism industry. Most of the job placements are in Vienna, Salzburg or tourist resorts in the Alps. IMPORTANT: The internships are UNPAID for citizens of non-European Union countries!
Duration: 4 to 8 weeks (after initial 4 weeks minimum language course requirement)
Examples of available internships:
- 3-5 star hotels: Front office, kitchen help, hotel day care, porter, secretary, trainee
- Bars, restaurants: waiter/waitress, kitchen staff
- Farms: Riding School
- Ski Resorts: Ski instructors (Additional cost for ski instructor course)
- Travel Agencies (Interns must have an advanced level of German)
Preferred Age: 18 to 30 years
The placement procedure:
- An Actilingua placement representative is appointed to look after the placement request.
- We arrange a brief interview between the applicant and the placement representative.
- Based on the information the applicant has supplied, the placement representative sends the applicant to a suitable company.
- ActiLingua provides the Austrian company and the applicant with the date and time for commencement. (All internships begin on a date agreed upon by applicant and the company)
After the internship, each participant will receive a detailed description and evaluation regarding the content and success of the internship from the employer.
German Language Course: 4 weeks – See course prices on Actilingua’s main page: Course prices.
Internship Placement Fee: USD 695.00** (in addition to language course and accommodations)
** In the rare event that no suitable position be found Actilingua will refund USD 400.00 of the placement fee.
Accommodation rates during your internship: you should budget approximately USD 200 – 550 per week for lodging (rates for accommodation for the duration of the job placement may vary depending on where you are placed and your choice of accommodations).
Starting dates: See course starting dates in Actilingua’s German Courses in Vienna main page